onsdag den 8. juni 2011

MELODIA ENSEMBLE
A RUSSIAN HOLY GRAIL!!! - bREakS - sAMpLEs


ONE OF RUSSIAS KEPT SECRETS - THE MELODYIA ENSEMBLE "LABYRINTH" LP .
First of all thanks to DJ Blaze AKA UPSKIBOO for hooking me up with this gem!!
Legendary and sought after album from famous Melodiya Ensemble or Ensemble Melodiya as I think they were called.
Collectable and rare item of Russian jazz funk classics. Released in 1975 on melodiya records. Conducted by Georgiy Garanyan, who takes us through an album containing a killer hard hitting drum break with horns that are funky as hell, some trippy fuzz guitar, as well as keeping a mellow moodish sound allover with a jazz tripped out feel.
the reason why no picture sleeve is featured is simply that it was released both with a picture sleeve and without one. No info on which came first. And it is the one without picture sleeve that I got my hands on. All info about this is up for question as I do not know the exact facts, -only what I was able to find on the internet.
Well enjoy some of the best moments on this record!! :
(if player does not appear try reloading the page)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar